The form allows students the opportunity to appeal a transcript grade following a course drop, a withdrawal to zero credits, or past the last day to drop with record due to extenuating circumstances (medical, military, death in immediate family, natural disasters, etc).
Reason for Denial of an Appeal
• If the appeal is not received within the allotted time frame as outlined in the Academic Records Drop/Withdrawal Appeal Policy.
• Lack of knowledge of applicable dates and deadlines.
• Changes in job, work schedule or employment (*unless related to a natural disaster with sufficient documentation).
• Failure to verify class schedule and/or schedule changes.
• Non-attendance of class(es).
• Personal errors in judgment regarding:
• Availability of finances to pay associated charges
• Class work load and academic ability
• Time management
• Availability of transportation to and from class
• Dissatisfaction with course content or method of instruction. If appealing is for this reason, please contact the Dean of Academic Affairs
• Inadequate, late application or loss of eligibility of financial aid, scholarships, or third party authorization.
• Non-receipt of information/notices sent to student's email and/or USPS address.
• Not benefiting from:
• a fee (e.g. wishing to appeal the mandatory/student/class/course/program fees)
• course credits in regard to degree requirements or changes in major
• Lack of proper, descriptive documentation.
Academic Records Drop/Withdrawal Appeal Policy can be found at: www.bismarckstate.edu/uploads/resources/373/CourseDropWithdrawal.pdf
• Type your information into each field, check the signature box and click submit at the bottom of this form.
• Documentation must be submitted to the Academic Records Office upon completion of the form.
Academic Records Office - Schafer Hall Room 131
Fax Number - 701.224.5643
Mailing Address - BSC, Academic Records, PO BOX 5587, Bismarck ND 58506
• This process may take up to 7 working days.
• After the Academic Records Office reviews the form an email will be sent to notify you if the form is approved or denied.
Note: Remember the burden of proof is on you. The more clear, complete, and specific you can be, the less chance of misunderstanding and the better the Academic Records Office can perform their task.